Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Blood Tracks finally on DVD!

Yes and yes again! Blood Tracks is on DVD in France, I have no idea if it's a bootleg or not - but it's dubbed in French and the quality is terrible. It seem to be cut also. I know for quite a long time that Studio S has been after this extremely cheesy and silly Swedish slasher from 1985, and now it's finally happening. I have no idea when it will be released, but I'm quite sure the quality will be a lot better than the French version.

Blood Tracks was directed by Mats Helge Olsson (the director of The Ninja Mission) and was marketed in the US as "From the makers of A Nightmare on Elm Street", only because New Line handled the distribution if I don't remember it wrong.

To celebrate this, here's the infamous sequence from the movie where real life rock band Easy Action show their talent... I think ;)

5 comments:

Jayson Kennedy said...

Stupidly awesome flick! I have a couple copies of the US tape and the Japanese VHS. :)

Scans:

http://www.ghoulbasement.com/2010/05/blood-tracks-1986-us-vista-home-video.html

Ninja Dixon said...

Great one Jayson!

I have the Swedish x-rental, which is very cut and also an australian version which seem more complete :)

Nsacci said...

is there any chance it's widescreen?

Ninja Dixon said...

Studio S is a serious company, and they have a history of good releases - so the chance is quite big :)

Anonymous said...

I've been waiting for this for years! Will deinitley be picking this up!