Friday, November 13, 2009

Månguden will FINALLY arrive on DVD!

According to a comment (by someone anonymous) on my old swedish blog, the legendary swedish TV-slasher Månguden will finally, finally arrive on DVD!

This is fantastic news! Probably the best news this year! For you who don't know what this is: Månguden is the most legendary swedish movie production ever! Made for TV and still is talked about in the swedish horror community. It scared the shit out of many people during the two times it was shown on television in the late eighties.

I'm one of many that's been hunting for this movie for years. I had contact with the composer (who died during our mail-conversation), the producer, the director and the cinematographer - but no one could find a copy.

The news is here.

3 comments:

mamoulian said...

This is terribly exciting news, indeed! I remember it creeped the hell out of me when I was a little kid... I don't remember a lot of it, only how terrifying it was

Jack J said...

I don't know anything about it but an obscure horror movie that fans like yourself have been wanting so a long time can't be all bad. Count me in on getting this.

Ninja Dixon said...

Jack: It's a legend among horror fans and who where in the right age when it was aired.

I really hope it will stand the time :)

If you don't know what it is: A SVT-production about a crazy person in a moon-god mask killing people with a big knife. Something like that. Yeah, a government-produced slasher ;)